Unlike bungee jumping or sky diving, the adrenaline rush from shark cage diving comes from being face to face with one of the world’s greatest predators: the Great White Shark.
The experience puts you in their territory while the safety of the activity allows you to be an observer and learn what Great White Sharks are really like. An on board marine biologist will educate you about this amazing apex predator.
Shark Cage Diving is safe for children and elders and gives the whole family a wonderful opportunity to bond in a fun environment surrounded by experts and researchers.
After this once in a life time experience, you’ll find yourself buzzing with excitement and adrenaline. You will have had the opportunity to come up close and personal with one of the oceans most majestic and foreboding creatures.
Here is a brief breakdown of what to expect once you arrive:
• Before the trip guests meet at THE GREAT WHITE HOUSE in Kleinbaai
• You will receive breakfast or lunch and register your wetsuit size
• Guests receive a pre-trip safety briefing about what to expect during the trip and a biological background on great white sharks
• We then take a 200m stroll down to the harbour to board Slashfin
• Travel time to Dyer Island is approximately 20 minutes, with the shallows being a short 10 minute ride (where we anchor depends on where the sharks are)
• On average, we anchor for 2 hours, but this depends on shark activity, conditions, as well as number of divers
• Weather permitting, we take a quick trip through the infamous Shark Alley
• Lastly, a debrief in the Great White House and a celebratory beverage to toast the occasion!
Why We Are Different:
• A dedicated marine biologist on board every trip
• Our Boat (Slashfin) is the largest in the industry (most deck space per customer) and was purposely built for shark cage diving and includes two restrooms, and an upper deck for the ultimate viewing and photography experience when not in the cage.
• A fully licensed Restaurant and Crew House, aptly named the GREAT WHITE HOUSE, which includes facilities such as: 2 marine rooms where professional safety and informative briefings are given before each trip + separate ladies/gents/handicap restroom facilities with a 5-star rating + curio shop
• We guarantee clean, dry wetsuits (a rarity in the industry)
• Our crew receives as many compliments as the Great White Sharks, with more combined experience than any other Shark Cage Diving crew.
• You will leave with great memories and a deep appreciation of this majestic animal.
We had a great time. We were fed very well before and after. I would recommend to others! - Maureen O'Connor
Excellent service. The driver was very knowledgeable of the sorrounding and jovial during the trip. - armando lugo
5 stars - the transfer arrived on time, and the van was great. They texted and emailed one day prior to tell us when to be ready. We arrived right on time to Marine Dynamics for the shark dive (even though we hit two spots of traffic) and we had an AMAZING time once on the dive itself. The lunch was good, and the briefing with Kelly, the marine biologist on board, gave us a lot of great information and set a lot of expectations about what would happen once we were on the boat and in the water. Everything happened just as communicated and they made a special effort to accommodate my daughter and make this a once-in-a-lifetime experience for her, since cage diving with great whites was the #1 item on her bucket list! Kelly and the other volunteers were exceptional, passionate about their jobs and the animals, and the company is all about conservation and education. Highly recommend using Marine Dynamics for your shark diving experience when in South Africa - thank you! - Cynthia Benedict
© 2017 Tornado Tour Systems (Pty) Ltd ta Activitar.