Unlike bungee jumping or sky diving, the adrenaline rush from shark cage diving comes from being face to face with one of the world’s greatest predators: the Great White Shark.
The experience puts you in their territory while the safety of the activity allows you to be an observer and learn what Great White Sharks are really like. An on board marine biologist will educate you about this amazing apex predator.
Shark Cage Diving is safe for children and elders and gives the whole family a wonderful opportunity to bond in a fun environment surrounded by experts and researchers.
After this once in a life time experience, you’ll find yourself buzzing with excitement and adrenaline. You will have had the opportunity to come up close and personal with one of the oceans most majestic and foreboding creatures.
Here is a brief breakdown of what to expect once you arrive:
• Before the trip guests meet at THE GREAT WHITE HOUSE in Kleinbaai
• You will receive breakfast or lunch and register your wetsuit size
• Guests receive a pre-trip safety briefing about what to expect during the trip and a biological background on great white sharks
• We then take a 200m stroll down to the harbour to board Slashfin
• Travel time to Dyer Island is approximately 20 minutes, with the shallows being a short 10 minute ride (where we anchor depends on where the sharks are)
• On average, we anchor for 2 hours, but this depends on shark activity, conditions, as well as number of divers
• Weather permitting, we take a quick trip through the infamous Shark Alley
• Lastly, a debrief in the Great White House and a celebratory beverage to toast the occasion!
Why We Are Different:
• A dedicated marine biologist on board every trip
• Our Boat (Slashfin) is the largest in the industry (most deck space per customer) and was purposely built for shark cage diving and includes two restrooms, and an upper deck for the ultimate viewing and photography experience when not in the cage.
• A fully licensed Restaurant and Crew House, aptly named the GREAT WHITE HOUSE, which includes facilities such as: 2 marine rooms where professional safety and informative briefings are given before each trip + separate ladies/gents/handicap restroom facilities with a 5-star rating + curio shop
• We guarantee clean, dry wetsuits (a rarity in the industry)
• Our crew receives as many compliments as the Great White Sharks, with more combined experience than any other Shark Cage Diving crew.
• You will leave with great memories and a deep appreciation of this majestic animal.
Incredible experience! Was able to see two great white sharks on the first dive. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Only wished that we could've stayed longer and get more time in the water. Overall experience was fantastic. - Tony Hwang
Absolutely great experience and one of the reasons for our stay in Cape Town!! - Andre Siegl
My experience with Marine Dynamics was amazing! Our transfer happened without any problems - we even saw whales on the drive through Hermanus! The trip out on Slashfin was wonderful, plenty to drink and eat and the hot chocolate was exactly what you needed getting out of the water! As for the dive - unforgettable! We had 12 sharks show up on the day and our turn in the cage was epic. These creatures are beautiful and Marine Dynamics showcased them well. It is good to see an environmentally responsible/moral company out on the water. One tip - the video download was not quite value for money. I suggest adding in some underwater shots or something. There seemed to be limited editing and no interviews with the passengers. That would be the one improvement. - Kaylee Prince
No compliants. Marine Dynamics boat from what I observed was the best of the operators in this town. The others were not up to par no even close. The facilities were more than I expected to be honest as well. The transfer from Cape town was ontime and professional. I would advise to take a digital waterproof camera instead of the disposable because taking pictures in the cage with one is more diffucult than you would think. Also do yourself a favor and dont eat the bruch they offer if you get seasick. 8 to 10 people on my trip were sick and it sort of kills the atmosphere when you are sitting next to a bunch of people hacking into bags. If you get seasick dont go on one of these trips. leave yourself some flexibilty as my trip was cancelled due to weather and rescheduled for another day. The time in the cage is adequate although on my particular trip the visibilty was limited a few feet which doesnt give you much time to snap any pictures. Overall i would recommend this company to anyone thinking about trying this out while visiting South Africa. - rick albertini
great staffs, great guide. fantastic experience which I will remember for the rest of my life - coming face-to-face with great white sharks. just wondering where the group pictures are :) - chin too choong
© 2017 Tornado Tour Systems (Pty) Ltd ta Activitar.